The Albanian police have imposed new restrictions on the base of the anti-Iran terrorist Mujahedin-e-Khalq Organization (MKO) in Tirana in order to take control of the terrorists’ camp.
Following Albania’s increased pressure on the MKO terrorists residing at the Ashraf-3 camp in Tirana, the country’s police have imposed new restrictions on them so that no one has the right to enter or leave the camp without the permission of the police.
The news comes as earlier in August, informed security sources told Tehran-based Tasnim News Agency that the MKO’s ringleader Maryam Rajavi was banned from entering Albania.
Albanian police forces entered the MKO camp, known as Ashraf-3, on June 20 due to its engagement in “terror and cyber-attacks” against foreign institutions. Authorities seized 150 computer devices linked to terrorist activities. At least one person was killed and dozens of others were injured during the clashes at the camp. More than a week later, police in Albania entered the Ashraf-3 camp again and security forces were deployed at the entrance to the camp and controlled all vehicles leaving the site.
On July 3rd, Chief of the Iranian Government’s Information Council Sepehr Khalaji announced that Iran has received part of the hard drives and computer cases that were seized from MKO terrorists by Albanian police.
Albania’s Prime Minister Edi Rama also said the MKO must leave the country if it wants to use Albanian soil to fight against Iran, adding that his country has no intention of being at war with Iran and “does not accept anyone who has abused our hospitality.”
In late July, A top Iranian criminal court said it’s planning to bring more than a hundred members of the anti-Iran terrorist cult Mujahedin-e-Khalq Organization (MKO), which has murdered tens of thousands of Iranian citizens, to trial. Branch 1 of Tehran’s Criminal Court announced that 104 MKO members, including the ringleader of the terror cult Maryam Rajavi, must introduce their lawyers to the court so that they will represent and protect the rights of the defendants.
Recently, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Nasser Kan’ani stressed that Tehran’s efforts to pursue and prosecute anti-Iran MKO terrorists are ongoing.
“We did not spare any effort to prosecute those who committed terrorist crimes against the Iranian nation,” he noted.
The MKO has carried out numerous terrorist attacks against Iranian civilians and government officials since the victory of the Islamic Revolution in 1979. Out of the nearly 17,000 Iranians killed in terrorist attacks over the past four decades, about 12,000 have fallen victim to the MKO’s acts of terror.