News on the MEK

Iraq will not grant asylum to MKO members

Iraqi Minister of State for National Security Shirwan al-Waeli says Baghdad will not grant asylum to any Iranian living at Camp Ashraf..The Iraqi government has declared that it wants to close the camp and send its residents to Iran or a third country.. .Last week, Iraqi security forces stormed the camp that housed members of the terrorist Mujahedin-e-Khalq Organization (MKO/MEK/PMOI) and seized control of it.

Read more

Mass grave links Mojahedin Khalq to Kuwait invasion

Police officials in the Iraqi province of Diyalah said Sunday that the mass graves contained Kuwaiti nationals who had fallen victim to the Ba’ath regime’s seven month-long invasion of Kuwait…If confirmed, the reports would expose MKO complicity in Saddam Hussein’s war on Kuwait, which killed more than 3,664 Iraqis and 1,000 Kuwaitis

Read more

35 Iranian dissidents sent to Baghdad for questioning

Thirty-five Iranian dissidents arrested by Iraqi security forces during a takeover of their base were transferred to Baghdad for questioning on Sunday, a senior Iraqi official told AFP…The group set up Camp Ashraf in the 1980s — when former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was at war with the Islamic republic ..

Read more

36 MKO members arrested in Iraq

Iraqi police have arrested 36 members of the Mojahedeen Khalq Organization (MKO/MEK/PMOI) after clashes erupted between MKO operatives and security forces in Camp Ashraf..The arrests were confirmed by Abdul Nassir al-Mehdawi, governor of Diyala province.”Their cases are being investigated now. They are being charged with inciting trouble,”he said.”We will deal with them according to Iraqi law; we won’t send them back to Iran.”

Read more

Iraq gives MKO a month to leave

The Iraqi government has set a month-long deadline for members of the terrorist Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) to leave Iraqi soil.”Members of the Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO/MEK/PMOI) at Camp of New Iraq have to comply with the one-month time limit to leave Iraq. The organization members should either return to Iran or seek asylum in a third country,”Diyala province’s Police Chief Major General Abdulhussein al-Shimari told reporters on Saturday.

Read more

Iraqi official : MKO has no choice but leaving Iraq

Iraqi Diala Province Police chief said that members of Mojahideen Khalq Organization (MKO) in ‘New Iraq Camp’ (formerly Ashraf Camp) has no choice but leaving Iraq… the committee for investigation of ‘New Iraq Camp’ dossier has determined a one-month deadline for them ( members of MKO/MEK/PMOI) to depart Iraq, and they have to decide on either returning to their homeland (Iran) or leaving for a third country.

Read more

Al Rubaie : No Plans to Send Mujahideen-e-Khalq to Pakistan

“The US forces considered the idea when they were responsible for the security situation in Iraq since the US administration wanted to put them in confrontation with Iran there. But now the Iraqi government is responsible for their conditions and for Camp Ashraf,” Rubaie told Asharq Al-Awsat ..Al Rubaie stressed that “Iraq is committed to international conventions and to the American administration that it will preserve the security and wellbeing of those present in Camp Ashraf.

Read more

Rioters Confess to MKO’s Leading Role in Iran’s Post-Election Unrests

Some of the rioters arrested during Iran’s post-election unrests confessed to their links with the anti-Iran terrorist group Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO), and said that they had received trainings in MKO’s Camp Ashraf in Iraq.”According to the confessions made by those MKO members arrested in recent riots, these people had received trainings in Camp Ashraf to conduct sabotage and terror operations and organized activities (inside Iran),”Deputy Prosecutor-General of Tehran’s public and revolutionary courts

Read more

France Ministry of Foreign Affairs: We consider MKO as terrorists

“you know our position on the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MKO/MEK), which we consider as a terrorist organization. This position has not changed after the [Mujahedin] organization’s removal from the European terrorist list, the decision, against which we filed an appeal, was based on procedural matters.”the France deputy spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs reitereated in a daily briefing on Thursday, 30 July ..

Read more

SIIC rep :Many MKO members ask to return home

Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council (SIIC) representative in Tehran Mohsen Hakim said a large number of Mojahedin Khalq Organization (MKO/MEK/PMOI) have asked to return home. In an interview with Iranian Students News Agency (ISNA), Hakim pointed out to Iraqi Tuesday attack over Camp Ashraf and said Iraqi forces took over the camp’s security since January 1st and then delivered the whole responsibility of the camp

Read more