A parliamentarian said on Sunday that the British government is responsible for any terrorist operation by the MKO members in the future.
Alaeddin Boroujerdi, head of Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, talking to reporters, denounced London’s move to remove the name of terrorist Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization from its terrorist blacklist.
“The British government which supports the terrorist MKO should accept consequences of its acts,” he reiterated.
“The British government justifies its act (removing the MKO from its terrorist list) by saying that members of the grouplet have not carried out any terrorist operation in the past few years while the MKO terrorist leaders still lead the group,” Boroujerdi added.
He said he was surprised by freedom of action of MKO members MKO in the European countries.
British lawmakers decided to lift ban on the MKO on Monday, following a court decision last month that ruled the government had to remove it from a terrorist blacklist.
The order to remove the MKO, which was originally banned in 2001, from Britain’s list of proscribed groups will come into effect soon, after it was approved without a vote.
The MKO, formed in the 1960s, is on the European Union’s list of terrorist organizations subject to an EU-wide assets freeze, and has been designated by the US government as a foreign terrorist organization.