As noted before, the new report of "Office of the Coordinator for Counterterrorism", published on April 30, has a more serous tone on the MKO than previous reports.
These additions, retrieved by comparing annual terrorism report 2006 and 2006, are as follows:
Additions to "Description":
– Pointing to the assassination of US military and civilian personnel in Iran during 1970s,
– Stressing the ability and the will of MKO members and leadership to conduct terrorist operations across the world,
– Introducing the MKO as one of the most violent political groups, established during 60s,
– Emphasizing the fact that MKO was disliked by Iranians, following the Islamic Revolution,
– Underlining the fact that for more than 3 decades, MKO used its bases in Iraq and Europe to conduct terror attacks against Iran,
– Expansion of financial base, military skills and leaders’ activities in Europe.
– Showing cult-like characteristics, in addition to terrorist ones,
– Ideological pressure on members and offering them distorted history of Iran,
– Stressing the existence of compulsory divorces, cleansing sessions and separation of kids from their parents,
– Establishing cult-of-personality around Rajavi.
Additions to "Activities":
– Confessing that despite US efforts, MKO members and leaders have never been taken to court for their role in illegal activities,
– MKO has been supported by reprehensible regimes, like that of Saddam Hussein.
– Stressing that MKO conducted terrorist operations from its bases in France for 5 years,
– Citing reports that showed Maryam Rajavi encouraged members to "crush Kurds under the tanks",
– That 7 Iranians had been arrested by FBI for transferring 400000 dollars to the MKO for buying weapons,
– Voluntarily surrender to coalition, after the ouster of Saddam, and submitting heavy weaponries,
– Arrest of 160 MKO members, including Maryam Rajavi, in France for using its bases in France for planning and financing terrorist operations,
– Self-immolations by MKO members, following the detention of Maryam Rajavi,
– Maryam Rajavi’s going to hiding, and using video-satellite to motivate members,
– Discovering documents that prove MKO received the money of oil-for-food program and used the money for terrorist attacks,
– Citing documents that prove MKO-Saddam ties: lists, a film showing Saddam when he gives a suitcase of money to MKO’s known leaders, and a footage of MKO members being trained by Iraqi army.
Additions to "Strength":
– Settlement of MKO supporters and members across Europe,
– Stressing the fact that "protected status" (4th Geneva Convention) doesn’t apply to MKO members outside Camp Ashraf or to the group as a foreign terrorist organization,
– The fact that several MKO members, trained by former Iraqi regime to make bomb and work with weapons, are still at large.
Additions to "Location/Area of Operation":
– Maintaining bases in Paris,
– Targeting Iranian elements across the world,
– Active propaganda and lobby of NCRI in the West,
– NCRI’s developed media strategies
Additions to "External Aid":
More reliance, after the fall of Saddam, on financial aids, collected under the name of unreal groups