Home » Former members of the MEK » Rajavi did not allow him to call his sick mother

Rajavi did not allow him to call his sick mother

Beheshti Mostafa

Mostafa Beheshti’s mother passed away in April, 2018 while she was languishing for her beloved son who was imprisoned by the Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization. Mostafa was never allowed to call his sick mother.
Mostafa was smuggled by the MEK recruiters from Iran to the MEK’s headquarters in Iraq, Camp Ashraf. He was taken as a hostage for 21 years. He was never allowed to contact his family in all those years.
He writes about the reason on his Facebook account. “The MEK is terrified of its members’ defecting,” he writes. “Thus, it is against any kind of contact or visit with families.” He explains that the tactic is used by the MEK authorities under the direct ruling of Massoud Rajavi. “In a series of meeting, Massoud Rajavi would define family as the enemy of the MEK,” Mostafa writes. “He said, ‘Family means enemy; means Iranian Intelligence Ministry!”

This is why Mostafa could never call his mother even though she was sick in hospital when she sent a video message in the hope that Mostafa will find the chance to watch it from inside the MEK. The video was published by Nejat Society website just a few days before the death of that heart-broken mother.
“Even when my mother published a video from her hospital bed and asked me to contact her, the MEK leaders did not allow me to call her,” Mostafa Beheshti sadly states.

Mostafa Beheshti was actually deceived by a fake letter allegedly written by his brother Morteza who had been some years earlier recruited by the MEK in Turkey. Morteza was married and had a little son (Alireza) when he went to turkey to find a good job, make money and get back to his family. Unfortunately, he could never return home after he was smuggled to Iraq, by the MEK recruiters in Turkey. In April 2010, Morteza was killed in Camp Ashraf.

During all those years the Beheshtis had no accessible way to contact their two sons. After the killing of Morteza, they made efforts to release the second son but they were not permitted to contact or visit him. Their sister, Narges who had previously traveled to Iraq several times, took actions that had no outcome.

Mostafa was only able to leave the MEK after the group was relocated in Albania. Mostafa could ultimately manage to leave the group in 2020. He is now an active member of the Association for the Support of Iranians living in Albania (ASILA).

You may also like

Leave a Comment