Iranian Government Fires Back at MEK on Nuclear Site Claims

Iranian Government Fires Back at MEK on Nuclear Site Claims

Fars News Agency, the Iranian government’s appropriately named mouthpiece news organization, reports today that the regime rejects its most vocal exiled opponent’s claims of evidence of a hidden nuclear site north of Tehran.

The Mujahedin-e-Khalq (MEK, MKO) is just, like, totally full of crap, is basically what Iran’s foreign ministry flack said in the report. So full of crap, in fact, that he barely wastes any breath refuting them:

Speaking to FNA on Friday, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Abbas Araqchi strongly rejected the MKO’s claim, calling it continuation of the story-tellings of a desperate group.

“This story-telling is not worth responding [sic],” Araqchi said.

Zing?

Apparently, in an earlier report, Araqchi also called the MEK’s latest release just one more cog in the giant Zionist system to disrupt the Shiite status quo or whatever. Awkward…

The MEK claimed Thursday to have evidence of a nuclear site existing in tunnels beneath the town of Damavand. The AFP story got picked up by a bunch of news sites, including Fox News. Nevertheless, the claim is unsubstantiated by any evidence so far.

By Julie Ershadi.

Julie Ershadi is a freelance writer and producer based in Washington, D.C. She covers Iran–U.S. relations, civil liberties, and politics

Service

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button