Mrs. Hillary Clinton
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
Dear Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Honorable Secretary of State
My name is Mohammad Karami. I began my political activities with the People’s Mojahedin organization of Iran (aka MKO, NCR,PMOI) during 1976 and 1977. I was imprisoned in the Islamic Republic of Iran’s prison on political charges. I was sentenced to death in 1981 in the prison, but I and six other political prisoners managed to escape from the prison. I was also imprisoned by the PMOI in 1985 as a result of my disagreement with their sectarian approach and platform in their internal relations, and was also put on trial in the PMOI many times just because of my disapproval of and disagreement with their cultic politics.
I was threatened four times by Massoud Rajavi himself that if I wanted to leave the organization I would have been sent to the PMOI’s jail for two years and after that I would spend eight years of my life in Iraq’s notorious prison, Abu Ghraib as a prisoner where I was going to be put on trial by an Iraqi court for illegal entry into Iraq. It is interesting to note that during Saddam’s reign illegal entry into Iraq was considered as a deadly crime and the punishment for that was a death sentence. As a result of that threat I was forced to stay in the PMOI, despite my unwillingness, until the downfall of Saddam Hussein and his government.
I escaped from the PMOI after the downfall of Saddam Hussein and I took refuge in the American Camp Grizzly (Ashraf Camp) which was located next to the PMOI garrison. I lived in Camp Grizzly, which was run by coalition forces led by the US Army for four years and I was under their protection until my exodus from that camp. After leaving the American Camp, I found my way to Europe. But even in Europe I have not had tranquility in my life because of the presence of PMOI agents here, which is another story to tell.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran was founded in 1965. Its ideology is a combination of Marxism and Islam which in many areas of their work they the Marxist resources, some of which are as follows:
What should be done by Lenin, four philosophic articles by Stalin, where does the science go? by Max Plong, the source of evolution and life by Aparin, From human being to the galaxy by John Fefer, How to be a good communist by Shaochi, Against liberalism by Mao, Imperialism and all the dogmatic in history are paper tigers by Mao, Rectification of party duties by Mao, Vietnam under fire, Mao Red booklet ,Nahjol Balagheh, God in Society, Qoran, etc,. Their ideology is based on fighting against capitalism and they believe that the United States of America is the symbol of global capitalism and they call the USA ‘the World-Eater Imperialism’. Their ideological principle and objective is based on fighting against the United States and its interests, and in this regard they have written and published many books such as, The Carter Presidency (World Eater Imperialism), Response to Current Capitalism, Thirty Questions, The Discernment of the World; the majority of these books’ resources are from Marxism Ideology. In this regard the PMOI has many songs and anthems which come directly from their anti American ideology. Some of the most important of them are as follows:
1. The song, War with America which is an epic song.
2. The anthem, The Mojahed full of hatred and vengeance is sitting in ambush.
With such an ideology and approach which exists in the Mojahedin, they began their terrorist operations against American citizens and American offices located in Iran in 1971 which are as follows:
– June 22, 1972- U.S. Air Force Brigadier General HAROLD PRICE, chief of the Air Force Section of U.S. Military Advisory Group in Iran.
– January 1973 – bombing the office of Shell Oil Company.
– A few days later bombing the office of Pan American airlines
– 3 June 1973 – assassination of U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel Lewis Hawkins, U.S. military mission.
– 25 May 1974 bombing of Jewish American establishments like General and British establishments like Yorkshire Bank and Tichno Co. HQs
– January 27 1975, in response to the visit of Henry Kissinger to Iran the explosion of the office of TT International and Joan Doer Company.
– 11 May 1975 – assassination of Colonel Paul Schaeffer and Lieutenant Colonel Jack Turner, U.S. Air Force officers in the mission.
– 4th July 1975, PMOI’s terrorists stopped the motorcade of the American Ambassador in Tehran and opened fired on his car, but because of the darkness inside of the car, an Iranian official who was working for American Embassy in Tehran and was the PMOI’s infiltration agent was killed by mistake.
– In July 1975, two bombs were exploded in two places, first in the USA and Iran Committee building and the second one in the English Consul in the city of Mashad.
– 28 August 1976 – 3 civilian employees of Rockwell International, Donald J Smith, Robert R Grangrad and William C. Catrel, advisor to the Iranian military were subject to bombing and kidnapping.
1. In December of 1970 carried out an abortive attempt to kidnap U.S. Ambassador Douglas MacArthur.
2. President Richard M. Nixon’s trip was marred by a series of bombings, including one explosion at the tomb of the Shah’s father shortly before the President and his hosts were scheduled to arrive.
3. The offices of El Al Airlines, Shell Petroleum, British Petroleum, British Overseas Airways, a Jewish Emigration office in Tehran, and numerous other U.S. facilities and properties were bombed and victimized.
4. In 1979, they supported the American Embassy occupation in Tehran and participated in the occupation of the Embassy by their agents who were student leaders.
As a result of the terrorist operation which happened in 9/11 in the USA, every country became astonished and confused at such brutal and barbaric acts, which targeted thousands innocent people in the twin towers, and all these countries and their governments condemned such brutality and savagery. But, surprisingly the PMOI’s operatives and leaders threw a very big party in Bagherzadeh Garrison in Iraq and celebrated that incident and showed their admiration for that terrorist act by dancing, shouting and congratulating one another in front of their leaders, Massoud and Maryam Rajavi.
Massoud Rajavi was on the stage and while he had his hands on his waist he began a war cry against the USA, and in his admiration for Osama Ben Laden and his organization, Al Qaeda, he said, ”This was fanatical Islam which trembled and shacked the basis of US Imperialism and they destroyed the twin towers which were the symbol of their power, and successfully reduced it to rubble through their successful mission”. Then he (Massoud Rajavi) with a smile on his face continued his war cry and said, ”What will happen to the USA if revolutionary Islam with our Ideology and Maryam’s leadership comes to power, then this paper tiger (the USA) will be destroyed as a whole.”
After the downfall of Saddam Hussein, all the PMOI members underwent various interviews for recognition of their identification by the US State Department’s agents, the CIA, FBI, and specifically US Military Information section MI. They gained a huge amount of very valuable information from the PMOI members – all of which documents and information substantiate and prove that the ideology and the strategy of the PMOI are all anti-western, and particularly anti USA.
After the downfall of Saddam Hussein, the PMOI rapidly mobilized all its organization for three weeks to destroy all books, CD’s, tapes, newspapers, archives, and even the members’ personal memorandums which were produced in various of Rajavi’s sessions and gatherings. Whatever could be interpreted as anti-USA were pulled out of their library, archives, offices, storage rooms and etc, and were all burned to ashes under the direct supervision of the PMOI’s commanders. Right now if you go to the PMOI’s main garrison Camp Ashraf, you won’t find even a single piece of paper which is anti-USA. They performed the same exercise with their computers as well.
The US State Department has justly listed the PMOI and its political wing the National Council of Resistance (NCRI) as a terrorist organization in its terrorist list. While the State Department listed them as a terrorist organization, it did not have the valuable information which it now has now. In a report that was published in 2005 by the US State Department regarding the terrorist organization list, it mentioned justly that the PMOI is a potential threat and is a very dangerous terrorist organization. In that report it was mentioned that the PMOI has the potential to become a dangerous organization in any period of time because of their special terrorist training and cohesive organizational structure. For instance, on 17th of June 2003 when Maryam Rajavi was arrested by French Police, PMOI leaders ordered their members to set themselves on fire in public streets. If there was no complaint and protest from the international bodies and humanitarian organizations against this kind of brutality and savagery, it was still going to become one of the biggest of human catastrophes.
Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton, the US State Department has justly listed the PMOI as a terrorist organization in the terrorist list and has justly mentioned in the US State Department report that the PMOI has signs of being a cult. I must stress that even though the State Department reports of 2005 and 2006 are not complete, that the report shows that this organization is a religious cult.
In this regard, should you look into Mr. Alireza Jafarzadeh’s request (PMOI’s spokesman in USA), you can find more about the authenticity of their cultish culture and thoughts. According to the information that the US State Department and US Army (Military Intelligence) have about the PMOI, they should not be allowed to tell their lies as vital news to US politicians and Senators. I urge you to list the PMOI as a terrorist organization again and do not let them deceive and delude international society and the US administration.
As adjunct to this letter, I have attached some documents which prove and substantiate their cultic identity.
Lets create another Vietnam for America(pdf).
(Mojahedin English language paper April 1980)
Letter to Imam (Khomeini) (pdf).
(Mojahedin English Language paper April 1980)
Some questions unanswered regarding the US military invasion of Iran (pdf).
(Mojahedin English Language paper June 1980)
Mohammad Karami, Paris, a victim of the Rajavi Cult [email protected]