The following letter was sent to the UNHCR on behalf of the suffering families of the residents of Camp Liberty:
The UNHCR – Baghdad
Dear Sir or Madam,
With kind regards, we have been inundated by calls in the past couple of weeks by the families of the residents of Camp Liberty in Iraq who wish to learn about their loved ones trapped in the Rajavi Cult known as the Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO, MeK, NCRI, NLA, PMOI).
In this letter we as their representative wish to state that considering:
1. The UNHCR is directly and solely responsible for Camp Liberty and its residents and the Camp is managed and run by the UNHCR;
2. The UNHCR is obliged to be in contact with the refugees inside the camp directly with no proxy in between, and that dealing them as a group with contacting only with the leaders is against your own regulations and obligations;
3. Iraq and Camp Liberty is by no means a safe place for the residents according to past experiences over time;
Therefore, we wish to ask you why:
1. The families are not allowed to visit or be in contact with their loved ones inside the Camp?
2. The UNHCR yields to the demands of the cult leader Massoud Rajavi all the time?
3. The entire residents have not been moved to a safe place yet more than 12 years after the fall of Saddam Hussein?
We on behalf of the families are anxiously looking forward to receiving your reply as soon as possible.
Sahar Family Foundation
Translated by Nejat Society,