Referring to Claire Miskin’s statement released on December 30, 2006 by NCRI website entitled “Behind the atrocities in Iraq stands the Iranian regime” Paul Sheldon Foote delivered the following comment.
Contrary to the representations posted by the Iranian Communist MEK’s NCRI Web site, please note:
1. The PMOI (MEK, Rajavi Cult, or Pol Pot of Iran) supports totalitarian rule in Iran, not a secular and pluralistic democracy. According to the MEK: Rajavi is Iran. Iran is Rajavi.
2. In 1991, the MEK committed atrocities against large numbers of Kurds in Iraq.
3. Army of intellectuals? Whether illiterate or possessing college degrees, MEK members engage in brainwashing cult practices. Read the books mentioned at: http://www.iran-interlink.org
4. Many MEK members have fled from Camp Ashraf, Iraq to return to Iran or to live at Camp Freedom, Iraq.
5. In April 2003, American and coalition forces did attack Camp Ashraf, Iraq. In President Bush’s background paper for his September 2002 remarks at the United Nations, President Bush had listed the MEK as one of three Saddam Hussein-supported terrorist groups in Iraq. President Bush’s State Department classifies the MEK as a communist terrorist organization guilty of murdering American military officers and Rockwell International employees.
6. Some Iraqi political leaders have demanded that the MEK leave Iraq by December 31, 2006.
Paul Sheldon Foote – 03/01/2007